1. Introduce yourself. Pretend you have entered the Reapers’ game. What was your entry fee?
Oh hello, I’m Alex. My entry fee was my sense of empathy. The thing I value most is my ability to connect and sympathize with others so that I may communicate and help them.
2. What were your first thoughts when you saw the game cover and read the summary on the back cover? Did you already know about the game, or did you just randomly choose it because it looked good?
"Holy crap, this looks cool! Maybe this will be a good game to play… I don’t have that many."
And then it became my favorite game.
I randomly picked it up on an anonymous recommendation in a chatroom. I want to find that person and thank them profusely.
3. Who is your favorite character?
That’s… really tough. I’d say it’s a tossup between both Neku and Shiki, as I feel like I can relate to them really well. Neku was what I felt like I used to be before beginning to come out of my shell, and he had my same attitudes. Throughout the game, when he grew, I felt inspired to grow myself. I really love Shiki because… again, I feel like she’s a lot like me. She wants to be something she’s not, constantly wants to improve and become a better person, and how frustrated she gets with Neku for not trusting her. In the end though, she became happy with who she was, and she also inspired me to do the same.
4. Who is your least favorite character?
On a personal level, I would say that I would probably dislike either Sho or Josh the most, though I love and enjoy their characters, if I met them in real life. I don’t condone either of their actions, but I do love their writing. I love them as characters, just not as people.
If I had to pick a single character… Probably would pick Eri. No friend should ever make their friends feel like crap, and never insult them in an effort to “motivate” them. I know her intentions were good, but that really ticks me off.
5. What set of pins did you use for battles?
Can’t remember exactly… I used two J of the M pins for my main attacks, I used one or two beam pins, one for using the mic, and one recovery. Can’t remember everything.
6. Did you enjoy playing Tin-Pin Slammer? What kinds of pins did you usually use for this?
Yup! I just used whatever pins I was using at the time. I’m not much of a metagamer.
7. If you could have any clothing/equip item from the game to wear in real life, which would you pick? (Pick up to 3.)
Neku’s headphones, Sho’s hat, and Shiki’s necklace.
8. Who was your favorite partner?
Story and characterwise, Shiki. In battles, Joshua.
9. Who was your favorite reaper?
10. What brand of clothing did you usually equip?
Jupiter of the Monkey.
11. When battling, do you control your partner manually, or do you let the game do it for you?
I switch off based on conditions. If it’s smallfry, I usually do it myself. If it needs concentration, I let the game handle it a bit more, though I’ll still control my partner for a good chunk.
12. Are there any types of noise you hate fighting? Why?
I hate elephants now.
13. Were there any boss fights that were difficult for you?
Not really other than the secret boss and boss rush. I became pretty proficient with the game after a time.
14. What was your favorite song from the soundtrack?
It would probably be Calling, though I really love Three Minutes Clapping, O-Parts, Gimmie All Your Love, the list goes on. The one I actually didn’t like was Twister.
15. You beat the game. The composer lets you pick between being brought back to life or becoming a reaper. Which would you choose, and why?
That’s tough. I personally want to say just be brought back to life, and I would probably pick that. Though… there is a secret side of me that wants to try being a reaper, though I wouldn’t have the heart to fight and erase Players, because they’re just trying to be reborn like I was. My heart says rebirth, though the dark side loves the prospect of being a Reaper.